This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it) explains how we collect, use and handle any personal information we collect from you when you use our website at [[email protected] (our "SL Ads"). We understand your disclosure of personal information is a serious matter. So, the protection and appropriate use of your personal information is important to us
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SL Ads.
Collecting your personal information
We may collect and process the following data from:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you or relating to you:
- if you register to become a user of SL Ads;
- if you send us a message from SL Ads or correspond with us by telephone in writing or otherwise;
- as you visit web pages on SL Ads;
- if you subscribe to one of our services;
- participate in a discussion board or other social media functions on SL Ads;
- If you enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- If you report a problem to us; and
- from any of your activities in connection with your use of SL Ads.
Before you can access and use all of SL Ads’s features and services, you must register to become a user of SL Ads.
To register, we ask that you provide us with certain personal information, which will generally include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, academic record, profile picture and personal website (each to allow Us to customise your experience), a username and a password created by you. You may also elect to upload materials to your profile that include personal information.
Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to SL Ads we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case We will have informed you when We collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How We use your personal information
We use your personal information to create and maintain your user account and profile for SL Ads and to provide you with the services We offer through SL Ads.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, We may use personal information to:
- send you information about your account, the services we or our related companies provide or any changes or upgrades that We make to those services;
- to alert you of relevant opportunities and activities (including, without limitation, jobs, workspaces, content and notifications (for example, if another user is following your profile));
- to send you newsletters which you may either elect to receive or may be interested in given your user account and/or profile; and/or
- to provide you with any other information or services you request that We provide.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Sending messages from SL Ads
We may provide 'support' links on SL Ads that enable you to send emails directly to Us (for example, if you need assistance with any of our services or generally in relation to SL Ads). We will retain emails you send for the purposes of contacting you and for Our internal purposes.
We uses 'cookies' to identify information about your web browser session and personalisation data each time you visit SL Ads. A 'cookie' is a small data file that will be stored by your web browser when you access SL Ads. These cookies do not contain any of your personal information such as name or email, the information stored in the cookie will only identify you to SL Ads. Cookies can be used to enhance your use of SL Ads, as We use them to help personalise Our delivery of services and material to you, such as information which is most relevant to your profile and interests.
You can set up your browser so that it does not accept Our cookies. You can also manually delete Our cookies from your browser. However, you will not be able to login to SL Ads without cookies being enabled on your browser. When browsing without logging in, some features may not behave as intended when cookies are not accepted.
How we may share your information
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of SL Ads;
- to Our related companies;
- to Our professional advisors;
- to law enforcement authorities, if We suspect that an unlawful act is being committed or that such disclosure will prevent that unlawful act; or
- as otherwise required or authorised by law.
If you apply for a position that is advertised via SL Ads, We will provide your contact details to the person or company advertising that position.
Similarly, if you have been sent a "handshake" from another user of SL Ads to get in contact with them, We will facilitate them to contact you via SL Ads and display certain details about your availability (if you have filled that information), however, your personal information is not shared with them.
Security of your personal information
We will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Your access to your personal information
You are entitled to know what personal information We hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact us in relation to your personal information, please do so by email to [email protected] . Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold on you.
Third party websites